In my journey through life I see people looking to create a mirage, a smoke screen of who they are merely to impress others. They don't believe being themselves is enough. They work really hard at presenting an image that takes so much time and energy to create and maintain that it drains them completely. I can't imagine what it must feel like to wake up wondering what is going to be said, calculating every move and ensuring to do "exactly" what must be done to put forth the face they want to present; that seems extremely exhausting. If the sole purpose of such hard work is to put on a mask, you will not have accomplished much. It is a sad sight, one that in the end does nothing but bring bitter memories, a weakened spirit and a lifetime of unhappiness. I have always had a problem being someone other than who I am. It sure has made it interesting to say the least . I have learned lessons along the way that have helped me in developing who I already am within the confines of what I believe.
....
The sooner you discover who you are; you embrace your strengths, and work on your weaknesses, the happier you will be. There is always room for improvement; however, you have to know where to begin. Enhance "YOU". Make "You" better if you feel you need improvement.
By embracing who YOU are and knowing what needs to be improved, not only are you on the right path to self discovery, you are on your way to self acceptance and will give yourself opportunity for growth. The possibilities are endless! We all have a gift, some of us are wrapped in beautiful wrapping paper , others have a bow, but there are also some that come in brown paper bags . The importance is not in the wrapping but rather in the contents of the box. Unwrap YOUR gift; give yourself a chance, you may be surprised to discover its contents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment